EMPTY PROMISES

Today, I discuss empty promises.
I grew up in a family that was very business inclined and as such there were no role model to follow as regards education.
Apart from my generation, (born in the 90's)° Those before us were artisan, business men and women and all that. Everyone was talking money and bank tellers, you speak too much English, you are easily done away with until it changed gradually and formal education began to hold sway.

Education was priority only to an extent, only to show off.
If you were opportune to be going to school, then your father got some "cheddah". My father especially felt going to school was expedient only because he did not go. It was a matter of let me prove a point, since I was not there, my children must be there. I respected him for that. It makes perfect sense to me many years after.

It was a hell of a ride back then, I recall some dark memories and tears trickle down navigating its way through dry, coarse skin.
Some stories are better told in dark places where your face is carefully hidden. Hidden from the world. Anonymously sold.

Now, how does that little illustration meet what I intend to talk about?
During my time in school, I remember relatives saying to me then "Hurry and come outta school, so that we can fix you up real quick" I have been out of school for years, as a matter of fact, I started my first work experience as a rookie Interior designer with no support from anyone.
The same people fizzled to oblivion when they were needed the most.


I remember that one from my village who asked me to send my CV to his mails as he would get back to me.  It is four or more years now and he must want to get back to me when I am dead and gone. I have stopped expecting favours from people after my experiences in the higher institution. And God has been faithful to bring in people every now and then to make burdens light. These ones do not say things they do not mean. A divine orchestration from above, they do what they have to do to make you better, then they go. These are the people we pray to meet every time.
The high point of this weekend discuss is to tell somebody one truth. Very verifiable. "Expectation brings disappointment"
But not many people understand that humans are fallible.
They put all their hopes on mere words and they never find their feet afterwards. This is not to shield people who go about truncating young people's life by saying what they do not mean, I seek to expand knowledge on this action. Make excuses for people who genuinely want to help yet their intents became mere dreams due to the harsh realities on ground. Nobody owes you anything. Always remember.

A friend would ask this question some days ago "I wonder where money goes when it's time to save people, and where it comes from to bury them when they die?" You cannot understand the configuration settings of this world. Suckered in with empty promises people waltz through life believing others owe them something.
Promises are debts we must pay. In this life or in the after life. Let that sink.
It is a path you make people cross assuredly.

When it is not fulfilled, you truncate their existence, you put a cog on the wheel of their progress.
Do not say things you have no clear intention of doing. It boomerangs!

Stop deceiving people with words.
Stop giving young people options that are not there.


Tell them how gory and rough the journey is, prepare them to be strong, Lift a finger to support them without filling them up with baggage of empty lies and dubious promises.
I am glad for one thing in my life, I have been applying this rule overtime.
Somebody said "Not all promises are meant to be fulfilled... Then I ask why bother in the first to sell untruths to a soul who yearns for support" Tell them you do not have please.
Not everyone is supposed to have enough to make people happy.
We are not all equal.

Why do people find it convenient to say to other people things they do not mean at all? Why empty promises? Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018