RESPECT WOMEN

I've been thinking pensively about the wonderful specie of humans called "women"------ Our patriarchal hegemony and chauvinistic nature have not allowed us to truly extol and eulogise this distinct set of people to the fullest. The regular, average Aryans and the Caucasian are better at treating their women with respect, I say this without mincing words. They take out time to adore the women in their lives. Their sisters, mothers, wives and girlfriends as the case may be.
They flood their timelines on social media with real time beautiful memories clearly shared in soul touching pictures and video clips. They understand the role of this beautiful creatures. Why is ours different? Black man does not mean black way of thinking.
We completely undervalue and overuse them and on the long run we don't live much longer on the rebound as men to enjoy the best part of these unique creatures. We die quickly because they are not happy with what they get from relationships and connections, they become cantankerous. The give you poison in your food so that they can be free from your bondage as a vindictive man.
I woke seconds ago to a notification by Facebook on a post made today a year ago. It was a post eulogizing
my mother of blessed memory and some of the things she had done for me in the past. I recall having specific issues with my father at the time and how the onus was on my mother for my survival. She would part with money meant for her upkeep so that her son would have some dough to sort himself out in school. Women are priceless.
This brought me to the idea I intend to share shortly. We as African people must cultivate the habit of praising our women. Especially the type that come off as hardworking and industrious.
Husbands should in a day come home with something for their women no matter how small or insignificant what was bought is. The idea is to put back hope and affection into relationships and value these people who are at best the carriers of life. I am tempted to believe that as soon as women start bearing children, the affection of the man begins to diminish or in other words transferred to the children which is not to be so.
The other idea I intend to share might appear a little clumsy but it is worth taking a good look into. Pardon me in advance. When a woman is pregnant or let's say on her period, that's when you all --men got to be more understanding than usual, she'll have mood swings and it should be expected, she'll have annoying moments, she won't be able to control her hormones, let's just say there will be times that you'll think she's a crazy b*#*h..!
But my man, can you imagine bleeding for almost an entire week and still have to do what you got to do on a daily basis? So just ... Please just be a human being around a woman. This people go through a lot literally. I recall some of the things my mother did for me during my formative years especially at the University, It hurts me that today she is no more available to enjoy the fruits of her labour.
Women all over the world should be given quantum attention, care and reverence. We must change our actions and disposition and as a matter of urgency towards them today and show them in lucid terms what it means to be chivalrous and reliable. A real man respect women. A real man never raises his finger on any woman to hit her. These are codes and must be strictly adhered to. Call your woman. "Love your woman as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018