MAY OUR LOYALTY NOT BE TESTED.

MAY OUR LOYALTY NOT BE TESTED.

"Pray in your lifetime that your loyalty and integrity never be tested beyond your ability to comprehend and sustain. It is a grueling, gruesome situation."
-----Certain scenarios put us in a condition and state of mind that we begin to second guess convictions, faith, fundamental basic ethos and all of those virtues we hold dear to heart.
Abraham (the father of faith) in the Christian bible denied openly his beautiful wife and called her his sister for fear that he might be killed by the king due to Sarah's incredible beauty. I began to say to myself only the deep can relate with this bit of deep information. Why would a man deny his wife in the face of seeming opposition? Which makes me recall a vivid, daunting situation in the past one fateful weekend, sailing on a regular boat with my friend for life Ogechukwu Roseline Agwu and chattering away like a monkey on heat trying to savor and enjoy a good time. I love the good life with reckless abandon.


I couldn't swim neither could she. But we had few company and that was when common sense kicked into my cerebral process. We were the cynosure of eyes. Not too good for the business of the day.
The young man in the cruise with us could swim and was looking at us with some tinge of emotions. Few minutes next, he began making pass on my woman. My presence meant nothing as I kept laughing like an imbecile to masquerade my deep seething anger, frustration and helplessness.
She detested his advances and expected me to be stern and claim territory. I couldn't stop laughing on the inside of my head. I saw a situation. Our lives at the time depended on encouraging that lewdness.
"Let him kiss and touch bress, you seff, baby".
No emotions from a king.

My woman vehemently removed the hands of the specimen on her body, visibly angry. Looking at me as I looked distant and lost in a far away land. Maybe Timbuktu. Maybe Afghanistan. But not in a land flowing with milk and honey. That I was so definite about.
I winked at her to play along. Abeg!
Boat stopped mid sea abruptly. Guy was happy that I looked away as he made passes on my woman. I winked again. "Be nice to him, Oge " I said. Oge couldn't even understand the peculiarities of this situation.
The sea raged. The wind blew and caused weariness.
Ripples made the boat unsteady.
The weather was not good at all.
I was visibly calm and collected though, afraid to the bones on the inside. Our lives may depend on it... I said to myself. More like whispering the truth to myself. "...Depended on being nice to that dude chuking you chuku-chuku, Oge." Okay, I didn't say that actually but she got the whole feeling from my body language.
"If this stuff sink ehn,nah die we dey so... "
Cooperate with that guy. Show am love.

May you not be in a situation where all your integrity is called forth and found wanting. May your loyalty and integrity never be tested. It is easy to think you would act in a specific kind of way towards a situation but at the nick of time, you may amaze yourself.
Abraham fell. I fell... Anyone can.
There is no strong man anywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018