FEAR OF FAILURE



The fear of failure stays predominant in the mind of a certain Igbo man.
The infinitesimal thought at the background of the mind nestling, cuddling, reeling...
How productive am I? What have I achieved?
Am I part of what I criticize in the world?
How do these people on social media street see me? ...
Are they carried away by the shadows instead of the substance?
Do they think I have gotten there, or am I seen as a work in progress?





I'm thinking aloud this very morning because something inside me is yearning for attention.The emphasis we place on wanting friends.
The good ones, the cantankerous type, the belligerent ones, inciting you to violence... on this platform I have everybody.
But there is yet a lacuna, a void not even the influx of human can fill.
The need to be different, distinct, great.
The reverence the "common-man" give to the bourgeoisie.
It is wanting to find yourself but getting lost to the conscious paradigms of life: the third-degree pathway.
It is wanting to be alone but not wanting to be lonely...
It is caring about everything but caring about nothing actually...
It is feeling everything deeply but being paralyzing numb to the bullshit sold on the Lagos streets everyday...


It is the fear of failure.
I am afraid to go down without a fight.
Now, do I have a brother or sister who would join hands in mine and lets share a quick prayer to the God of Deadline to do something about people who are running late to all their plans and ambitions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018