SILENT REVERIE


Born in April 4th 1988 to this world of sin and chaos. As soon as I turn 18, I will do this and do that. The notebook I wrote some of those "I will" is intact, kept faraway where I wouldn't see it as the contrast and the irony of the situation hit me like lethal jabs to the face. I saw it yesterday as I was looking for some important documents, then I was moved for the umpteenth time to tears. The cobwebs and shadows have grown on it.



Do you know how hard it is becoming successfully exceptional in this part of the world? To worsen my case afterwards, I went through a comprehensive list of few Nigerian youths who have made their voice(s) heard in the world via Google, typing random names in. Oh Church, they went far away from this part of the world. Far, far away. The vibes dished out here is encompassed with negativity. I also observed and reckon that the older you get the more time conscious we become. It is worrisome. It is natural but it is not the best. I think about the ridicule, the snide remarks, the contempt, the small talks and empty promises. I can only shake my head and snap my fingers continually in disgust.
The wrinkle on my face and the age in my eyes seem to say to me hurry. Go about it the "other" way. Another voice whisper at the background. Onyeka, give time some more time. I think it is better to make realistic targets. Feasible. Attainable. Void of unnecessary pressure. We try so hard and don't succeed in this country?
When you try your best and don't succeed what do you do? I simply find me a pretty woman and take quick succor on her bosom like a child, till all thoughts that comes to mind is breast milk. White creamy breast milk. The pressure is on you suffocatingly when you do not think on something different like breast milk. It can be depressing to the death. It is a Monday, I should not be sounding this way but the lethargy and the lack of motivation within me right now is taking over me. Good Morning.
THE BIG IDEA:
"Time waits for no man. Take some time.
For time is no time when time is lost."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018