SHOTS ON SHOTS -- On superstitious beliefs and all sorts of fetishistic ventures.

Few years ago, In my village in Anambra state, That fateful day in the company of my grandmother,the plan was to show me landed property owned by my father within the state.
At the entrance of the house which joins three roads seductively lies deliberately placed a sacrifice pot containing edibles and all sorts of concoctions, disgusting pieces of meat and some other things I cannot recall now. I was naive. I kicked it hard away from the entrance to my house even to the dismay of my grandmother.
I am that way, I feel these things don't subsist, They are powerless. I have not stop thinking that way. Although I agree entirely that there exist dark powers and constant manipulation of the physical kingdom where you and I abide right now by the spiritual. Those that suck the blood and fly in the night. The occultist and those of the Rosicrucian order can relate better, They know this fort too well.
There is nothing secret about secret societies. There is nothing sinister or amazing about them.
The enigma and awe is gone, that is by the way.
Few hours ago, I was in Ibadan to transact business. It is pertinent to share this intriguing story with the house because before now I hold zero chill for superstitious beliefs as highlighted above in my brief introduction to this subject. When I say superstitious beliefs, I mean some of our masquerade cultural abracadabra which includes potion making, voodooism, charms and amulets. Ibadan is a terrible place to live in, I must admit, Pardon my bluntness. It smells of thick spiritual manipulation. Dark forces. Blackness!! Strange wind pervades that city only with squinted eyes and a discerning body language can you understand this "macaba" dance at first touch. 
A fat but very healthy man sat comfortably at the middle of his shop with a bucket containing his money from sales. A strategic sight it was that you notice how he brings out that bucket with concentration. There must be more to it. Probably that was what his cult people advised. I am nosy. I know! I am unbearable most times.
Do you believe in what we call "juju" medicine and herbalists? Do you patronize them? Are you a Voodooist? Can you share your experience(s) good or bad, That is if you have the guts and would not be snuffed out seconds after showcasing your minuscule temerity on here? What have you gained from being one? Are you not living in fear of the unknown? Are you a freeborn like me?
Don't you envy a life of confidence free from the chains of superstition and strange charms? On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2018